Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome!

This blog is my first attempt at this medium. I have been computing since the mid 1980's and started my own part-time business aimed at helping home PC users. I wanted to try and publish a simple, down-to-earth information area for customers and the general public to learn about the things they use their computers for every day. I get tons of questions on a variety of topics and it made sense to use a forum where anybody can learn basic information that might help them in a pinch, and is in plain understandable terms.

I will be the first to admit I am not a know-it-all. There are many areas of computing that I have limited knowledge of, particularly business networking and IT issues - but these in general are not of interest to most home users. I am familiar with creating web pages, simple home networking, photo editing, desktop publishing and so on, and hope to eventually share something you can use if you decide to check in on a regular basis. This won't be something for everybody, but if you are a "computer dummy", hopefully you'll find something here.

If there is something you would like me to talk about or answer a question - send me an email at mailto:gerryprich@gmail.com and I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment